Do you have guests in town for the holidays? Read these tips for creating a warm and inviting space for your guests to enjoy!
Spend the night as your guest.
This will allow you to note and fix any issues you come across. Is the room temperature okay? Always make sure there are enough blankets and that the pillows are comfortable. Another thing to note is the morning light! Do your curtains sufficiently block the sun?
Make sure to have key emergency items readily available. You don’t want to make your guests feel embarrassed having to ask for certain items! This should include extra toilet paper, feminine products, air freshener or matches, and a plunger.
Other items to have ready in the room or nearby should include:
- wi-fi password
- water carafe and glass
- remote control instructions
- waste basket
- spare key and/or garage code
- easily accessible outlets
- fresh towels
- clear space in your closet with plenty of hangers
- extra toothbrush
- lint roller
- contact solution
- assorted medicine
- hair dryer
- iron and ironing board
- luggage rack
Go Above and Beyond
- Find out what your guests like to eat/drink for breakfast and snacks and have those items on hand.
- Get the coffee ready ahead of time so all they have to do is hit the power button!
- Leave a stack of magazines or a favorite book for your guests to peruse.
- Compose a list of favorite activities, shops and restaurants for your guests to check out!
- Place a vase of fresh flowers on the bedside table.
These little touches can go a long way in making your guests feel welcome! I hope you find them helpful and please share in the comments if you have any additional suggestions!
Feature Image via Studio McGee